5 Things You Don’t Know About Canada’s Express Entry – If you have been following the Canadian immigration, you must have heard about the Express Entry System. This is one of the most popular immigration programs in Canada and it was initiated to help speed up the immigration of foreign nationals into the country to help fill up labour shortages in country.
READ ALSO: How to Find a Home in Canada as an Immigrant
It is not only the most popular immigration program in Canada but it is also one of the easier and faster programs and you would hardly encounter problems going through the program if you meet the requirements for the program and follow the right process.
You might have a hard time with the program if you don’t have the right information to help make your application process less stressful and this is why we have written this article.
In this article, we are going to show you things you don’t know about the Express Entry System and we are bringing this information to you to help make your application process a successful one so you can make your dream of immigrating to Canada a reality.
Without further ado, let’s proceed…
Some facts that you don’t know about the Express Entry System
- You are to create an online profile as the Express Entry System is an online program and the profile you create will expire a year after you have submitted your profile to the system and if you don’t receive an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence within the first 12 months which is a year, you will have to create a new profile with the necessary information as your information is not saved on the system.
- If you are invited, you will have 60 days to submit your application and like we have mentioned earlier that it is the fastest immigration program in Canada as it takes a processing time as short as 6 months.
- The Express Entry System doesn’t close as it is open throughout the year meaning that you can apply at any time, any day and any month.
- The Express Entry System is one of the programs in Canada through which you can get permanent residency in Canada as it has three federal streams through which you can apply which are the Federal Skilled Workers Program, the Federal Trade Workers Program and the Canadian Experience Class.
- Scores are given to applicants of the program from the information they filled in their profile and the applicants scores are matched against a cut-off score in the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) and applicants that meet or exceed the CRS cut-off score will receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA).
- You can make changes to your Express Entry Profile even if you have submitted to improve your score. The application is not fixed and so you can update your information with new skills, status or qualification so as to improve your score.
- You don’t need a job offer to qualify for the program although having a job offer from an employer in Canada will increase your chances of being chosen.
- If you were not successful in the first draw, you can participate in another draw as we said that the Express Entry System is open throughout the year and so the draws are done twice in a months. You can improve your score and increase your chances of being chosen in another draw.
The Requirements To Qualify For The Express Entry System
Every immigration program in Canada has its requirements which you must meet to be eligible for the program and we are going to be looking at some of the requirements for the Express Entry System and meeting this requirements will increase your chances of being chosen.
- Compulsory Language Test
It is important that you take a compulsory language test to prove that you have proficiency in either of the official languages in Canada which are French or English language.
- Travel documents
You cannot create your profile without these supporting documents and so you have to make sure you have your passport or travel documents and that they are valid and up-to-date.
- Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)
This assessment is a proof that shows that your foreign certificate or degree is equivalent to the Canadian standard and this certificate is needed for only one of the three federal streams under the Express Entry Program and this is the Federal Skilled Workers Programs where educational qualification is a very important requirement.
The Express Entry System in details…
We want to talk more on the processing time of the system since we have mentioned most of the major facts you need to know about the system.
After you must have created your online profile and submitted, you will be informed whether you have an Invitation to Apply (ITA) and if you receive the invitation, you will have 60 days to submit your application for permanent residence in Canada and the good thing is that it is done online as it is called the electronic Application for Permanent Residence (eAPR).
Let’s look at some steps that you should follow when applying through the Express Entry System:
- Find your National Occupational Classification (NOC) as this is a classification of occupations depending on their skill type and doing this will help you find out the federal stream you will apply for under the Express Entry System.
- Take the compulsory language test and get your results as this shows that you have language proficiency in either of the official languages in Canada.
- Get your Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) as this shows that your credentials are equivalent and meet the Canadian standards.
- Check if you are eligible for the Express Entry Program and this will help you know if you qualify for the program
- Look at your CRS score as the maximum score an applicant can get is 1,200 points.
- Every draw of the Express Entry System has its own requirements that you will have to meet depending on the average score of that particular draw.
- Every document, credential and qualification asked for while creating your profile should be included in the document checklist as this will help prove that you are not inadmissible to Canada.
- Get your ITA and apply for permanent residence in Canada.
- The Passport Request and Acknowledgement of Receipt (AoR) will notify you on how your application process is going.
- Research about Canada and how life in Canada is so that you won’t have a hard time settling in the country.
Like we mentioned at the beginning of this article that the Express Entry System is the most popular immigration system and it has helped a lot of immigrants come into Canada and become permanent residents and it is still open to everyone as the Canadian government is looking to welcome over a million immigrants to Canada between 2021 to 2023 so you see that there is still a chance for you to immigrate to Canada.
The Express Entry System is one of the best immigration programs you can go through to make your dreams of immigrating to Canada a reality and from all we have said in this article, you must have going real details on how to go about your application.
There is always a chance for you to immigrate to Canada through the Express Entry System.